The workshop focuses on legal aspects of the value chain contracts to foster the provision of environmental benefits by farmers. The event is organised by CONSOLE project, a sister project of EFFECT.
Click on this link to join the webinar.
The objectives of the workshop are:
- to understand the role that value chain contracts could play in fostering the provision of environmental benefits by the farming sector
- to identify legal issues related to the implementation of such value chain contracts
- to reveal existing obstacles and potential levers for a broader uptake of such value chain contracts.
- Welcome and presentation of the Workshop– value chain contract solutions in CONSOLE – Alexandra Langlais (CNRS, University of Rennes, France)
- Indications of the main legal issues (guidelines questions) – Michael Cardwell (University of Leeds, UK)
- How to ensure a fair share for farmers in value chain contracts with specific environmental requirements? – Paulo GOUVEIA – Chief Policy Advisor, Copa–Cogeca
- Sustainability labelling for more sustainable agri-food-supply chains: risks and opportunities – Pamela LATTANZI, Full Professor of Agricultural Law, Department of Law, University of Macerata
- Antitrust law and agro-environmental sustainability – Luigi RUSSO, Full Professor of Agricultural Law, Department of Environment and Prevention Sciences, University of Ferrara
- Discussion, moderated by Tania Runge (Thünen Institute of Rural Studies, Germany)